Civil Rights

Civil RIghts

Civil rights mean nothing unless they are asserted and exercised.

Have Your Rights Been Violated?

Many people that come to us think that their rights have been violated, but they are not sure. If you think that your rights have been violated, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer can go through your situation and help you determine if you have a case.

If you are the victim of a civil rights violation, you should take action as soon as possible. You can file a claim with the government or a private institution, depending on your circumstances.

Common Civil Rights Violations

In this section, you can get information about several different types of civil rights violations.

Police Misconduct

Police officers oftentimes mishandle arrests and other situations. We represent clients who have been victims of:

  • Police brutality and excessive force
  • Police shootings
  • False arrest
  • Unlawful searches
  • Wrongful convictions

If you believe you are a victim of one of these issues, contact us as soon as possible.

Housing Discrimination

Just as discrimination in the workplace is illegal, so is housing discrimination. In this section, learn more about:

  • Discrimination in public accommodations
  • Renting issues
  • Right of privacy
  • Mortgage loan issues/”Redlining”

Getting Help

After reviewing the information available on our website, you should consider contacting our office. If you have additional questions, we can answer them. We can also set up a free consultation to discuss your situation and figure out the best way to handle your case. If you are looking for an experienced and aggressive Connecticut civil rights lawyer, contact Attorney John Radshaw today at (203) 654-9695.